Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Welcome!

Hi crafters and stampers!

Welcome to my blog on crafty ideas using our rubber stamps.

If you're like me, you have a few (ok -several, ok ok-- lots and lots!!) of rubber stamps in your collection.  Wouldn't you like to use the stamps in different ways than how they were shown in the guide?

I'll be posting some of my creations to help you think of different ways to use those stamps.  I know you are experienced stampers and crafters, yet my ideas are simple, my techniques are simple. I have very simple instructions because I can't follow difficult details myself. 

Maybe once in awhile I'll throw in a twist to keep things interesting, like my favorite chocolate covered candy recipe or a spiced nut recipe!

And, speaking of candy, I think we'll start this party with a candy wrapper.




Supplies:

Candy bar (I used a Hershey bar)
Any seasonal stamp, less than 2” x 2” (to fit on top of your candy bar)
Die framelet that works with the stamp
Ink
Decorative paper
Plain paper that coordinates with the decorative paper
White or ivory paper
Ribbon
Roller tape

For the wrapper:
Measure the candy bar, allowing ½ inch extra to overlap on the back side.   Cut the decorative paper using this measurement.  Wrap the paper around the candy bar, securing on the back side with roller tape.
For the embellishment:
Using ink that coordinates with the paper, press the stamp onto the ink pad and then onto the white or ivory paper.  If you wish, you can use different patterns or different colors to create more interest.  Once your design has been stamped, cut the paper using the die framelet.  Cut a coordinating framelet in the next larger size from the plain coordinating paper. Secure the stamped design cutout to the larger cutout with roller tape, and set aside.  Attached a piece of ribbon around the candy bar, securing with roller tape.  Once the ribbon is in place, attach the stamped design to the ribbon using roller tape.        
That’s it!  You’re ready to give sweets to your sweetie!  These make a quick gift and a fun favor or surprise treat for a coworker. You can make these as fancy or as plain as you like. Add rhinestones and other embellishments to really perk up, or tailor to a specific theme for any fun or official function.
 
          To get into the Christmas spirit and encourage myself to get the Christmas cards sent on time this year, I'll post the Christmas card I'm working on.


Thanks for stopping by!  
DebG




1 comment:

  1. How fun! Is there a chance you can post a bigger photo of the seal? I tried to zoom in with my browser but lost resolution. I'd like to check it out up close.

    ReplyDelete